To list your job posting please use the form here.
Christian Union Magazine
Christian Union seeks a qualified part-time individual to serve as Photo Editor for CU: The Magazine. This is an hourly, non-exempt position of 6-8 hours per week and reports to the Managing Editor of CU: The Magazine. The person hired for this job can work remotely.
- Identify and locate suitable, high-quality photos for stories in CU: The Magazine
- Work with writers and subjects of articles as well as with our own library of campus images to find photos for featured stories and news-in-briefs, as well as photos for the cover and special sections of the magazine
- Ensure that these photos are of acceptable resolution, and that they will work well with the themes of each issue
- Check the copyrights of photos found online to ensure compliance with copyright laws
- Manage photo captions and photo credits
- Work with the Managing Editor and Staff Writer to ensure timely and accurate distribution of the magazine
- Devotion to Jesus Christ, and a passion to make Him known
- In agreement with the Christian Union Statement of Faith and Ethics
- Passion for excellence—a desire to glorify God with your work and work ethics
- Strong detail orientation
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop Editor or Photoshop Elements
- Proficient with both Google Docs and Microsoft Office software applications
Christian Union operates as a distributed organization, with team members working from offices and home offices in a variety of locales. The person hired for this job can work remotely, as long as he/she has high-speed internet access and is available for meetings during the work day. Hourly compensation commensurate with experience. This is a part-time paid position, so no individual support-raising required.
Applicants should send a resume with references to opportunities@ChristianUnion.org.
Posted June 11, 2018