To list your job posting please use the form here.
PR Agency Account Manager
Faith-based public relations agency seeks full-/part-time account manager to interface with client accounts. Clients include large national/international ministries and missions agencies. Contract position. Freelancers welcome. Self-starter and team player. Integrated communications strategy and execution experience — especially media relations, along with social media and digital marketing — preferred. High D/I DISC profile, virtual location — Eastern/Central time zones preferred. Please email cover letter and resume to Ty Mays at InChrist Communications.
Posted Dec. 7, 2018
The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
This position is under the direction of the writing and editorial manager and is responsible for planning, writing, editing, and contributing to the graphic development of the Alliance Life Magazine and for the coordination of stories and news updates through other National Office media channels. In the performance of your duties, you will support the overall mission of the C&MA as described below.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and other software as required
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a similar position required
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a related position with the C&MA preferred
- Four-year college degree in related field required
- Serves as team lead over the proofreading and editorial refinement functions for the Development communications team
- Plans upcoming issues of print and online versions of Alliance Life Magazine in accordance with organizational objectives and reader interests
- Edits magazine for clarity, conciseness, and adherence to the publication’s editorial policies and stylistic standards; coordinates the writing, refining, editing and proofreading processes among the editorial assistants and freelancers; makes final decisions regarding grammar, punctuation, consistency, editorial expression, and word count; updates and maintains office style sheet for editorial purposes
- Contributes to the graphic development of the magazine by helping to secure pertinent photos and supporting graphics for inclusion in the monthly layout; determines when freelance assistance is needed and secures workers as approved by editor
- Assists in the development of campaign/promotional materials and marketing strategies for the magazine; coordinates with the editor, Marketing Office, and magazine staff to develop promotional strategies and resources
- Identifies, recruits, and collaborates with new and prospective writers; evaluates manuscripts for potential publication and accepts or rejects as appropriate; coordinates with authors to ensure that content meets publication requirements for completeness, continuity, and organizational alignment
- Develops and executes the Alliance Life editorial production schedule to allow for maximum synergy with communications team and print/distribution vendors
- Contributes to story gathering/reporting efforts through multiple media channels
- Coordinates the development and release of Alliance stories and news updates through multiple media channels, including Alliance Life, the C&MA Web site, Alliance eNewsletter, Call to Prayer, social media, and other media essential to the communications objectives of The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Assists the media relations coordinator by providing content needed for public relation communications
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. The C&MA is committed to world missions, stressing the fullness of Christ in personal experience, building the Church, and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth. The ultimate goal of all programs, functions, and activities undertaken by the C&MA is to further the foregoing purposes and to give spiritual and organizational support to all general members of the C&MA, so that they are free to preach the gospel, to plant churches, and to hasten the return of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
More information and an online application available here.
Posted Nov. 28, 2018
Assistant to the Editorial Director
The Salvation Army
This position performs key communications, liaison, marketing, circulation, content curation, production scheduling and financial record keeping and processing functions involving publishable communications that represent and explicate the mission of The Salvation Army for internal and external audiences. Researches topics for publication and creates content. Contacts potential contributors, authors, artists, and related vendors.
Education and Experience:
B.A., B.S., preferred, a minimum of A.A. or certification in Publications or related field and four years’ experience performing a wide variety of progressively responsible administrative and technical support work.
Ability to write, proofread, edit text in a variety of formats, including correspondence, press releases, and news items. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Filmmaker software, internet and e-mail. Ability to learn new software. Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language. Ability to perform routine mathematical computations. Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying/carting objects (less than 50 lbs) 5-10% of work time.
Salary: $20.89 - $23.50 Hourly. Benefits after 90 days. Free underground parking and lunches offered.
Submit your cover letter and resume by secure fax to (703) 684-3478, e-mail with the job title in the subject line, or send via US Mail to 615 Slaters Lane Alexandria, VA 22314, Attn: HR Office.
Posted Nov. 12, 2018
The Salvation Army
Coordinates and develops necessary elements and content under the supervision of the Youth Publications Editor to help produce a high quality Christian magazine and online presence. Serve as a member of departmental teams to implement and develop communication strategies, methods, and systems to increase the publication’s readership. Produce, gather, organize, write and edit content for the national youth publication. Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive social media communication strategy, in conjunction with the publication department’s communication strategist. Develop online exclusive content for the magazine’s website and social media platforms. Pitch interview opportunities to artists’ PR agents. Research trends, new products, and technological opportunities to stay at the forefront within the publishing industry to our specific audience. Occasional travel to conferences, training, and youth events required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in journalism, communications, or a related field. Three to four years’ experience working in a related field. Salvationist preferred. Thorough knowledge of the Christian Bible, evangelical beliefs and practices, and in particular, Salvation Army beliefs and practices. Ability to communicate the gospel message and Christian themes clearly in written form. Knowledge of website functionality, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Cloud Suite applications.
Benefits after 90 days. Free underground parking and lunches offered.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted Oct. 30, 2018