To list your job posting please use the form here.
CBE International (CBE) is offering a career opportunity for a Development Manager to join our team. This is a challenging and rewarding position combining strong, compelling writing skill with exceptional relationship building – bringing donors closer to CBE’s mission with strong listening and gentle persuasion. The selected individual will be responsible for initiating and executing CBE’s fundraising activities including creating an effective annual development plan with tactics, strategies, objectives, and goals.
Oversees all CBE’s fundraising and creates an effective annual development plan with tactics, strategies, objectives, and goals. Participates in organizational strategic planning and oversees achievement of yearly development goals, assessing quarterly, and presents summaries for bi-annual board meetings. Identifies appropriate foundations, writes letters of inquiry, grant proposals and project summaries. Works as liaison with staff to ensure all foundation funded projects/grants and proposals are accurate and account for staff/project time and expenses. Oversees all donor relations and appeals, and all online and event fundraising. Acts as liaison on board and staff fundraising, oversees all board and staff phonathons. Ensures that all development practices are compliant with state and federal laws, and ECFA best practices. Updates development policies quarterly. May oversee development staff and volunteers.
This position does require full agreement with CBE’s Statement of Faith and Core Values and to comply with all CBE staff policies, including CBE’s Confidentiality Policy and CBE’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
Download the complete job description here.
To apply, please print and complete an employee application.
Submit your application and resume by fax, mail, or email to Mary Gonsior.
Posted Oct. 7, 2019
Carol Stream, IL
CT is seeking a full-time copy editor to ensure accuracy and precision in both our print and online articles. This job is critical to CT’s core calling to promote beautiful orthodoxy. Grammar errors and stylistic inconsistency are among the fastest ways to undermine credibility. Factual errors are at odds with our truth-telling mission. Sloppy systems inhibit our ability to cover all the issues we’re called to address. We need a passionate editor who obsesses over making sure the details are right before our articles are read by the people who need them.
Most of the copy editor’s time is spent proofreading copy and working with line editors to ensure articles meet CT’s high standards for spelling, grammar, style, logic, and factual assertions.
The copy editor also works closely with the managing editor and other staff to maintain consistent deadlines and efficient processes.
The copy editor also serves as an editor for the CT home page. This is mostly a task of coordinating efforts with various editors to ensure that editors, designers, and other team members know what articles are being posted at what times and keeping an eye out for problems.
The copy editor is also CT’s point of contact with freelance proofreaders and some other contract workers.
We’re looking for someone who is:
Passionate about CT’s belief that the gospel of Jesus Christ is a transforming and vital force, and that God’s primary way of working in the world is through the church and through the Word.
Committed to CT’s vision to make the church more beautiful and to make its beauty known.
Meticulous, organized, and detail-oriented. Someone who loses some sleep worrying that an errant comma slipped into published copy. But also someone who can see above the details to identify common errors or process problems.
Able to concentrate on and fact-check a longform story, yet flexible enough to shift gears quickly and copyedit a breaking news story.
Collegial and professional. Because this job entails enforcing rules and identifying their colleagues’ mistakes, this person must possess both fortitude and a humble spirit, both conviction and tact.
We’re looking for someone who has:
At least one year of experience in journalism.
Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style. Familiarity with Adobe InCopy and Microsoft Word’s change tracking tools is preferred.
Knowledge of fact-checking processes. Experience is preferred.
At least basic familiarity with Christian culture, core theological concepts, the Bible, news values, and journalism ethics.
Technical/Physical requirements of the job include:
Typing, writing, sitting, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, visual acuity (near), visual accommodation. Work is performed in a typical office environment. Ability to move/carry/lift 1-20 pounds.
Because of the collaborative and sometimes physical nature of the position, this job is located at Christianity Today’s offices in Carol Stream, Illinois.
Posted Aug. 20, 2019
Writer and Digital Communications Specialist
Luis Palau Association
The Luis Palau Association is seeking a full-time writer and editor who will not only curate content for a variety of platforms and departments, but also participate in strategy for email and website communication, and lead on-ground reporting of events.
WHO WE ARE:
The Luis Palau Association exists to Proclaim the Good News, Unite the Church, and Impact Cities Worldwide. For more than 50 years, LPA has accomplished its mission through:
• Hosting evangelistic festivals in cities around the world led by evangelists Luis and Andrew Palau.
• Connecting, encouraging, and equipping thousands of evangelists worldwide through the Global Network of Evangelists (GNE).
• Mobilizing and equipping more than 700 evangelists through Next Generation Alliance (NGA).
• Celebrating and Accelerating long-term gospel work and evangelism in cities around the world through City Gospel Movements (CGM).
• A far-reaching media ministry, including Luis Palau Bible Institute for nearly 50k Spanish-speaking leaders, daily radio programs on 5,539 radio outlets in 59 countries, and innovative digital evangelism strategies.
WHO YOU ARE:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
● Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism.
● Preferred three years of experience writing for print, web, electronic media, and/or marketing collateral.
● Ability to demonstrate experience in social media strategy and goal-setting.
● Experience working in cross-functional teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
● Must have strong writing and verbal communication skills.
● Strong proofreading, grammar, and copywriting skills.
● Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
● Detail-oriented and excellent time-management skills.
● Knowledge of best practices in public relations.
● Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
● Proficiency in both Microsoft and Mac IOS, including Adobe CS Suite.
● Spanish language skills are a plus.
● Some travel, including international, MAY be required.
COMMITMENT TO MISSION:
• Should be passionate about mass evangelism.
• Should be a Christian in agreement with LPA’s Statement of Faith.
• Should be an active member of a local Christian church.
To apply, submit your resume to Melissa Woods.
Posted June 20, 2019